SPP Classics Updated

Share your complete repacks with the community.
potifon
x1
x1
Re: SPP Classics Updated

Post by potifon » Sat Apr 02, 2022 7:29 am

when you click start a fight, nothing happens

GenericJohnDoe

Post by GenericJohnDoe » Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:29 am

Hi!

I am new here, so i have some questions.
I was able to create and start an vanilla local server, which runs - as far as i can see - flawless.
I could change the ip via the menue to my local real ip so that a mate could login via wlan in the same network.
After a while his lag got distractingly high, but on my side was everything fine without lag. (Ping on his client was 18 ms)

What could i check and do to get his client as lagfree as possible for local play on 2 computers?
(I did reduce the bots to 100, but no improvement.)

System is a 3700x with 32 gb ddr4 3600 mhz dual channel ram. Server is on an sata SSD.
My System is connected via LAN to our Fritzbox and he is connected via WLAN to the same router.
He did have no lag when playing online on regular official and private servers.

potifon
x1
x1

Post by potifon » Sat Apr 02, 2022 4:39 pm

in the latest update 2.4.3, arenas do not work. they won't let you in, fix it

etthundratusen
x4

Post by etthundratusen » Sat Apr 02, 2022 6:12 pm

RedDragonGecko wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 8:15 pm
So I've got this problem... SERVER STARTUP TIME: 242 minutes 53 seconds Seems that the problem is happening while- Returning old mails...
I also have this problem where its stuck on Returning old mails :( Any way to fix this?

Edgetune

Post by Edgetune » Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:23 pm

I've also had the "returning old mails" issue when trying to start the WotLK server for the past week or so. Going to try to completely reinstall the server...

Edgetune

Post by Edgetune » Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:17 am

Completely reinstalling the server gets rid of the "Returning old mails" issue. I discovered that you can also just use option 7 in the Server_Start.bat to wipe the database to get rid of it. The problem with doing that is you lose your accounts and characters. I tried importing my old save into the fresh install, but as soon as I did, the "Returning old mails" issue came right back. My workout is going to be to create a new account and use GM commands to get my character back to about where he was at before.

Edgetune

Post by Edgetune » Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:29 am

Also, to be clear, using option 7 to wipe the database presents 3 more options. Option 1 doesn't get rid of the "Returning old mails" issue, but options 2 and 3 do. Both options 2 and 3 will delete your characters.

Heinrich
x1
x2

Post by Heinrich » Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:37 pm

LFG is not working, any news when this going to be fixt? update date? really shity....

potifon
x1
x1

Post by potifon » Wed Apr 06, 2022 3:25 pm

after the last update on 3.3.5, the dungeon search does not work, please fix it

Nilz

Post by Nilz » Sat Apr 09, 2022 6:35 pm

I've managed to run Vanilla for several days, but every time I try to run WoTLK, it passes around 20-40 minutes and then cmangos.exe crashes. Is this a common issue with WoTLK?

I've added more memory on my server in case this was the issue but it did not help, any idea why this is happening? I've limited the amount of bots to 500 to start slow, but it did not solve the issue. :(

Nilz

Post by Nilz » Sat Apr 09, 2022 6:36 pm

I mean mangosd.exe sorry.

Heinrich
x1
x2

Post by Heinrich » Sun Apr 10, 2022 5:31 pm

3.3.5a wotlk lfg tool still not working after update, also new bot error msg, (no bot text for Hello! With this bot name) super weird, please fix lfg eye(dungeon finder)

Heinrich
x1
x2

Post by Heinrich » Sun Apr 17, 2022 4:20 pm

Update 🥺 please

redrage
x1

Post by redrage » Wed Apr 20, 2022 3:05 am

First, lets get RDF working :-)

Second getting a lot of crashes from mangosd with bots enabled =1. Tried the default 1000, 500, 200, 100 all crash with in an hour or two. with bots off seems rock stable. It crashes also crashes with no player logged in. I try to leave it running all the time just so the bots can have fun talking to each other but its more annoying when trying to play.

Next with using .mod speed anything other than default as spriest or shapeshift the model will change into a blue/white block and often get stuck. often in BGs. Only fix i have is to restart the worldserver.

Console spamming. lots of red errs even with console logging off in the worldsrver conf. the Hello! text err others have mentioned. also inventory and spell errors showing up.

System Specs: Windows Server 2012R2 DC, 8cpus and 16gb ram off of a solid state running through an esxi host system. Its over kill cpu usage never gets close to spiking and the ram usage is pretty minimal. I can throw another dozen cpus or 100gb of ram if you think it would help

Heinrich
x1
x2

Post by Heinrich » Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:20 pm

Since the last 3.3.5a core update (9) the world console closes in a millisecond after starting it, I try all reinstall db, reset bots, and there is no way to start world console, there is no logs of that attempt to start, only Chance left I will reinstall the complete server new, and copy from the broken repack the character/account info. If that don't work the repack is fucked. And I lost my gameplay....

Martone

Post by Martone » Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:40 pm

So I was having this issue but worked out that if you copy the newest mangosd.conf file from the github it fixes. You'll just have to re-enter your preferred settings.

https://github.com/celguar/spp-classics ... ngosd.conf

adamino
x2
x4

Post by adamino » Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:22 pm

Heinrich wrote:
Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:20 pm
Since the last 3.3.5a core update (9) the world console closes in a millisecond after starting it, I try all reinstall db, reset bots, and there is no way to start world console, there is no logs of that attempt to start, only Chance left I will reinstall the complete server new, and copy from the broken repack the character/account info. If that don't work the repack is fucked. And I lost my gameplay....
This problem most likely occured because you have what's known as a "git merge conflict" in your configuration file.
The solution provided by Martone will work here, but the actual problem is that you have a place in your file where a specific line you edited also has an incoming change from the new update!
My guess would be the Motd update, which you may have set to a specific welcome message you prefer for your server (this was the conflict for my server).
If you would like to read more about merge conflicts and understand how to handle them I can recommend this link: https://www.atlassian.com/git/tutorials ... -conflicts

I agree that it is a pity that the error is rather "hidden" and you won't get any indication in your crash logs or similar.

Hope you get everything up and running again and didn't already do a clean install!

Heinrich
x1
x2

Post by Heinrich » Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:50 pm

Thanks @Martone and @Adamino I will try it out after work I will let you know, thanks again

Heinrich
x1
x2

Post by Heinrich » Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:26 pm

@Martone @Adamino, well you guys are amazing, problem solved server is running i can play again !!!
thanks allot for the help, does that mean its better to dont edit nothing ? it can happen again if i change something.... so if i leave it like is , it will be fine?

adamino
x2
x4

Post by adamino » Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:57 pm

You can for sure change the configuration to your hearts desire, just remember that when an update hits you may run into the merge conflict again and should remember to check the configuration in case of immediate server crashes on startup!