SPP Classics Updated

Share your complete repacks with the community.
SuperLongCat
x17
x10
Re: SPP Classics Updated

Post by SuperLongCat » Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:07 pm

So I reinstalled this on the side, and it works again. Sadly, this update wreaked havoc on my settings. My server was running fine until I updated, and now I'm scrambling to save everything. It deleted my custom mall. It crashes when I try and bring over the NPC files, as the old version NPC_Templates are now incompatible, so I have to redo everything. :(

I do backup, but sadly, I updated my backup before testing the update. Big mistake. Best to encourage anyone who customizes pretty heavily to never EVER update your backups until you know the server passes the start up tests. That was at least 10 hours of work. I do keep a lot of stuff in spreadsheet, so I can just import via .CSV in Navicat, but I didn't backup the creature files where they were spawned, or the extended costs.

biancong1208

Post by biancong1208 » Sat Feb 05, 2022 4:10 am

This is really a great project, thanks a lot, celguar
I've been playing for almost a month now, I'm currently playing Vanilla, I've set up the server on an idle PC, although mangosd.exe closes when I'm not playing, but it's a small problem, just reboot .
I love playing with random bots, but a small problem is that I can't trade with them, even if I provide enough gold. Is this a bug?
Also when I play with a random bot, when I use /bot to open the Bot Roster, the black background of the Bot Roster is not big enough to cover all the control buttons, it needs at least 2 random bots to cover it.
hi, celguar, these are the little issues I encountered while playing this game, these did not affect my beautiful experience, thank you for taking the time to make this great single player project.

celguar
x6
x52

Post by celguar » Sat Feb 05, 2022 6:37 am

SuperLongCat wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:07 pm
but I didn't backup the creature files where they were spawned, or the extended costs.
Always save your changes. World DB can only be updated by full reinstall. After that you apply your changes

celguar
x6
x52

Post by celguar » Sat Feb 05, 2022 6:39 am

Creature spawns made by GM command should be in Settings/tbc/Logs folder as .sql files

celguar
x6
x52

Post by celguar » Sat Feb 05, 2022 7:39 am

SuperLongCat wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:07 pm
but I didn't backup
Future updates will come with DB updates as well from core developers. Each time a db is updated it's wiped and installed new. So please save all your changes in a separate file(s) somewhere, if you want them to be applied on db update you can put your sql files to SPP_Server/sql/%expansion%/world. Then they are auto applied on db update/reinstall. Or just don't update :P

SuperLongCat
x17
x10

Post by SuperLongCat » Sat Feb 05, 2022 9:01 am

yeah man. I have a drive full of my files /tweaks, spreadsheets etc. i have a series of fully named 1000 bots of players I've known, people I've played with, and such. very custom, and fun. also 163 guilds that are custom names Even the arena teams are custom. I put all the right bots in the appropriate guilds. it's quite something. the problem was my fault this time. i always have backups, and such. Always. my mistake was updating my backup. did that by mistake. oh well. i got it up and running ty celugar, and all people in.

Always loved spp. been following it since; Single Player Project Real v2 (Patch 3.3.5a) back in like... 2013 i think it was. I still have all those old versions saved on a drive. TCR2 a master piece, and this is catching up fast. The pvp scripting is amazing. Ty again for your amazing work on this project.

celguar
x6
x52

Post by celguar » Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:17 am

SuperLongCat wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 9:01 am
Always. my mistake was updating my backup. did that by mistake. oh well
if you used gm commands to spawn creatures they should be in logs folder. as any other edits you made with gm commands.

payk1488
x1

Post by payk1488 » Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:48 pm

Thanks for the answer! The server is on an SSD. I set it in the server settings so that it uses only one processor core - there are much fewer crashes. When is your update expected?
I also have more questions:
1. I play TBC with my friends. Since I am using your server for the first time, I did not know how all its settings work correctly. I repeatedly deleted and recreated bots, experimented with them in different ways to understand how it all works. As a result, now I have a lot of errors in the server due to the removal / creation of bots. Errors, such as a duplicate key, bot positions, and so on. Is it possible to somehow pull my characters and friends out of the database and then upload them to a new database where there won't be any bugs with bots? Or is this not necessary and can I somehow fix all the errors in another way?
2. I noticed that the tank bot does not hold aggro well and the mobs constantly attack not the tank bot, but other players. Perhaps this is how aggro should work in TBC? But tanks are very bad (as it seems to me) to keep mobs. Is it possible to somehow strengthen the aggro of tanks?

SuperLongCat
x17
x10

Post by SuperLongCat » Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:25 pm

payk1488 wrote:
Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:48 pm
I set it in the server settings so that it uses only one processor core - there are much fewer crashes.

Did you change:
UseProcessors = 0

To:
UseProcessors = 1

in MANGOSD.conf ?

payk1488
x1

Post by payk1488 » Tue Feb 08, 2022 1:24 pm

No, I changed the MapUpdate.Threads association to "1". At first I tried to set the value to "8", since I have 8 cores in the processor. Because of this, there were server crashes every 3-4 hours. Then I changed the value to "1" (since I read somewhere that the server does not work well with a large number of processor threads), and the server began to work without crashes for 15-24 hours.

payk1488
x1

Post by payk1488 » Tue Feb 08, 2022 1:33 pm

Next question: I keep playing TBC and when I get to level 60 (and the bots are also level 61+), they are generated with a small number of equipment items. Some people only have a couple of items, such as a helmet, weapon, cloak, and ring, but no other items. Although bots up to level 60 are very well dressed, even in purple things.
Why is that? Explain to me please.

Edgetune

Post by Edgetune » Wed Feb 09, 2022 4:10 am

Hello,

I'm running the latest version of SPP on Vanilla, and I was wondering if there is a master list of every command that can be given to bots. In this thread, I was able to find a command called "talents list", which works in-game, but it's not listed on the ike3 basic guide. This makes me think that there are probably lots of commands that I don't know about. Basic internet searching has only led me to old lists which are either incomplete or contain commands which no longer work. Even if I could be directed to a game file that would contain all of the commands, that would be a great help. I apologize if I'm asking this in the wrong place.

Thank you.

sikth

Post by sikth » Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:42 am

is there a way to populate a single zone of the map with the random bots? like setting up all 60s to be in silithus or in easter plaguelands farming mats

i dont really care about bgs, but it would be fun to have a populated zone to do world pvp while grinding mats

and how doable is the whole content so far? is it possible to progress through all vanilla content with the bots?

sikth

Post by sikth » Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:35 pm

also i have noticed that in this randombot version, when i set the bots to be locked at level 19 they are stuck in white and green gear with a few pieces missing, while in other repacks most of their slots gets filled with bis almost instantly, is there a config for this? i havent found anything yet

payk1488
x1

Post by payk1488 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 6:08 am

Can bots themselves understand when to leave the void zones? How do you manage bots when they get into puddles and take constant damage?

Rumpelstiltc

Post by Rumpelstiltc » Sat Feb 12, 2022 2:12 pm

Hello everyone! An I getting this right, what I need to do for Solo Classic is to download server with bots following the guide on Github, and connect to the server with 1.12.1 client with addon to control the bots? Is that enough, or I need to install the CMangos server first? Probably some other mods to add to have the best possible experience?
Thank you in advance <3

P.S. Sorry, I don't have the textarea when creating a topic to ask for help in the corresponding section

Edgetune

Post by Edgetune » Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:45 pm

Hi Rumpelstiltc,

I'm struggling with the reply feature, but what you described at first is enough to play single player Vanilla. It's what I'm doing right now. As long as you have a Vanilla 1.12.1 client, everything else that you need will be taken care of by the installer listed on page 1 of this thread. And yes, the installation guide on Github is what you should follow, and it will tell you how to move the included addon to control the bots into your Vanilla addons folder. As far as other mods go, I tried installing a 1.12.0 version of Bagnon and OmniCC, but I ran into errors so I'm just running it plain.

etthundratusen
x4

Post by etthundratusen » Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:59 pm

@SuperLongCat

Im having the exact same problem but on Wotlk, Mangosd.exe runs for about a second before it crashes. I've tried all kinds of stuff, like forcing them to start in administrator mode, wiped all databases, reset and disabled bots etc. Even tried uninstalling to the best of my abilities, i.e. i just removed all files and ran the installer again? Maybe this is not the correct way to actually re-install it?

Anyone have a clue on why this is happening?

celguar
x6
x52

Post by celguar » Wed Feb 16, 2022 1:59 pm

I released some stability fixes for wotlk 15.02. Try updating the repack

pembeamsiken

Post by pembeamsiken » Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:09 pm

Hi all, I don't know why but in SPP Classics V2 TBH or Vanilla I can't login to my created account on Elysium Project 1.12 client. It always says "disconnected from the server" or when I log in, the TBC server is offline on the realm selection list in game. How can I fix it?

Also, I did "Server_Fix.bat" and "Server_Update.bat" but it changed nothing. Please help me :(