Single Player Project - TrinityCore R2

SuperLongCat
x17
x10
Re: Single Player Project - TrinityCore R2

Post by SuperLongCat » Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:59 pm

sleepyfrog wrote:
> I'm trying to make the bots a little more user friendly. I don't mind micro managing them but the current interface with them makes it really painful.

You are going to need to micromanage them, but the key to my success is macros, and LOTS of them. Are you familiar with other class rotations etc? This is where it gets a bit time consuming to set up.

Start off with bringing bots in to your party in ONE macro.. might need to spam it a few times, as they don't ALL get invited in one press.

.bot add tank
.bot add healer
.bot add dps#1
.bot add dps#2
/invite tank
/invite healer
/invite dps#1
/invite dps#2

For example, my main character is a rogue. I use A LOT of keys. First let me show you my play style.

I bind every rogue ability to the following keys:

1st tier: Q, 3, E, R, F, T, G, Z, X, C, V, TAB
2nd tier while holding shift: Q, 3, E, R, F, T, G, Z, X, C, V, TAB
3rd tier while holding control: Q, 3, E, R, F, T, G, Z, X, C, V, TAB

You can see my pattern. This set up gives me 36 macros I can use. I pvp'd for years on retail, and clicking isn't an option. Need to have all of my utilities at my disposal. By all means customize them to your play style.

I wont get in to my full set up as in what abilities go on this or that key bind, but for example of starting a fight with a bot warrior tank.

I select an enemy, and then use a macro that is bound to SHIFT-C that says,

/w tank cast [charge]
/w healer stay
/w mage stay
/w warlock stay

It's pretty obvious what this will do. Mind you, the bots do not control threat... tanks aren't the best at it, but you can be creative, and bind tank threat managing abilities to spells you use that generate a lot of threat. Make sense?

You see, I put my key binds on mnemonics. C for charge. etc. I do that with all the classes I play.

My main ability as a combat rogue is SINISTER STRIKE, so I bind things like /w mage cast [FROSTBOLT] to that, so when I'm building combo points, my casters, or other classes are doing their heavy hitting easy casts. Thing is, if we don't macro the bot abilities, especially casters, they will resort to wand spamming mobs. Not good for dps.

I bind these two to my side mouse keys to control bots easy.

/follow

and then

/stay

Helps if I need to pull mobs behind corners, and leave the bots behind, so they don't pull the whole room.

What I do group quests, and need bot assistance, is I summon the bots with a macro that does:

/summon

Then, when I'm done with them.. I do:

.tele name tank dalaran
.tele name healer dalaran
.tele name dps#1 dalaran
.tele name dps#2 dalaran

Obviously you know where they are going. Change the destination to your liking. I do a /stay just to make sure they are gonna stay, and not wander. Then, if I need em, /summon macro. Helpful when you're in a pinch, and need large amounts of mobs cleared for a quest, or a boss quest that requires 2, or more players.

I'll leave this message here, and let you digest it, and build your set up. Then when you're done, I'll build you more of my stuff.

I really wish I could get the mangosbot UI addon to work with this
> one. (https://github.com/ike3/mangosbot-addon) Or something equivalent.

Simple: IKUEBOTUI https://github.com/Lidocian/Ikebotui

Let me know how this goes.

SuperLongCat
x17
x10

Post by SuperLongCat » Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:33 pm

Gonna give you more of my setup. Remember, change the class names I put in the macros with your bot's names.

If you want to have a druid, mage, and warlock all use AOE... do this

/w MAGE cast [Blizzard]
/w WARLOCK cast [Rain of Fire]
/w DRUID cast [Hurricane]

You will have to link spells in to the macros by whipsering the bots, and typing SPELLS. Find the spells I mentioned, and hot link in to your macro window.

Make an attack macro: /attack

Easy to have them all rush, but you can still use the ikebotui I shared for some things too.

Open the bank anywhere: .bank
Open the auction house anywhere: .auction

Have your bots walk faster at a 1.5 speed:

/target Tank
.modify speed 1.5
/target Healer
.modify speed 1.5
/target DPS1
.modify speed 1.5
/target DPS2
.modify speed 1.5
/target Self
.modify speed 1.5

or you can set the movement speed as a faster default.

To fly, and get max 10 speed off the bat in one button:
.gm fly on
.modify speed 10

Turn it off with:
.gm fly off
.modify speed 1

I made GM ON/OFF Macros with:

.gm on
.announce <GM> Enabled - Game Paused

.gm off
.announce <GM> Disabled - Game Unpaused

Totally helps you pause the game on the fly. I use a + and - symbol for the macro button to give the idea of on, and off.

One button save macro:
.saveall

Portable Vendor? No problem.

.npc add # Add the Vendor NPC you choose from Creature Template in the database

.npc delete - Obviously deletes the npc. This portable dungeon vendor is helpful in dungeons, so you can clear your bags.

Weather macros:

.wchange 1 0
.announce WEATHER - DEFAULT

.wchange 1 1
.announce WEATHER - RAIN

.wchange 2 1
.announce WEATHER - SNOW

sleepyfrog
x4

Post by sleepyfrog » Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:02 pm

Amazing my friend! Thank you for sharing and thank you for your incredible insight.

Oopart

Post by Oopart » Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:00 pm

Worldserver keeps crapping out on me. it exits with no error on screen. It gets to "Loading db2 info..." and then quits.

Crash logs starts: Exception code: E06D7363
Fault address: 00007FFF35593B29 01:0000000000042B29 E:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll

Not sure if that is helpful at all.

I'm able to run everything else just not Worldserver.exe

Oopart

Post by Oopart » Sat May 01, 2021 3:56 pm

I figured it out. I had my virtual memory set too low.

zoVk

Post by zoVk » Fri May 28, 2021 5:06 pm

Hey there,

maybe im blind or something but what's the login for the database?

Would be glad if anyone could tell me the right login :>

Greetings
~zoVk

zoVk

Post by zoVk » Mon May 31, 2021 4:53 pm

Found out the password in the config, were blind haha.

But one question is left... how do i disable the serverwide announce for player XY is online?
It's a bit annyoing with all these bots ^^

Askyn

Post by Askyn » Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:09 am

Does anyone know how to give your bots soul bound items?
ive been looking and tring to figure it out .
Thank you.

zoVk

Post by zoVk » Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:22 pm

Just don't download it. Testet it a while now and its like the full Deathknight start is buggy as shit, u cant finish it, you die cuz of there are toooo much mobs spawned and going ham... also so much other stuff is buggy as hell... thought its a cool core but nope.

zoVk

Post by zoVk » Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:24 pm

cuz i cant edit: you can finish it, it takes much longer and u only get shown "dodged" so you need to stay and wait... wait... and wait... but well all other bugs still present, too much enemys, much bugged, show at your own

zoVk

Post by zoVk » Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:28 pm

forget my second post... you cant finish, thought it works cuz like after i wrote my first post tirion arrived, but since them they only stay on their places and do nothing.. i mean, 2012 i saw cores where u played dk start bugfree xD how can it be 2021 and be that shit?! XDDDDDDDDDDDD

BaHaMuT

Post by BaHaMuT » Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:40 pm

Hello There :) I've a beginner's question : can we place these files in in a Wow shadowlands game directory. Because the post doesn't say which version of the game is required!

haydn132

Post by haydn132 » Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:14 am

How would I go about editing the database? I remember doing it couple of years ago with trinitycore but I don't remember how and my google searches doesn't seem to help.

haydn132

Post by haydn132 » Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:35 am

And I am also having trouble inviting bots from my guild, im not sure how it's supposed to work but AiPlayerbot.AllowGuildBots is set to 1.

And reading the MaNGOS-bot instructions it says you should be able to invite bots from guild.

haydn132

Post by haydn132 » Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:04 pm

Well I figured out the solutions.

For access to the SQL database I had the wrong program installed. I installed Heidisql and it worked.

As for guild bots not working, I simply updated the server to Update 10 and it worked.

Hope this helps someone else!

haydn132

Post by haydn132 » Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:26 pm

Inviting bot from the guild seems to randomize their talents every time, is there a way to prevent this?

cachi92

Post by cachi92 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:40 pm

arena works?